Thursday, December 9, 2010

I am back...

I just arrived to Bogota. My Hometown. The place where my man lives. And that is why I keep coming back, to see him, hug him, kiss him, and let him do the exact same thing

Now, I can stop telling him how much I miss him because I am exactly where my heart is and there is room only for love, now I can tell him, looking straight into his eyes, how much I missed him.

The day before yesterday I flied back, the whole day in airports, tons and tons of stinking delays, bad food, and a very sore back... but it was worth it, because at the end of it all, past midnight, seeing his face again at that airport gate paid it all back with interest! 


One would think I am used to the whole routine after so many times going back and forth. Well, the true is that I am not. I get butterflies about a week before the trip, and then my butterflies get butterflies while I am flying, and anticipating my arrival...
There is a mixed weird emotion inside of me, there is anxiety, impatience, and sparkles of fear, I don't even know exactly why I get scared, but I do, I can't help it, so I just let them be, because when I see him and kiss him again, there is not weirdness... it feels as if I saw him just yesterday and everything falls into place.

Right now I am so emotional! and when I get emotional I cry, in the weirdest moments! and I always raise eyebrows because, sometimes crying is not what is suppossed to happen, smiling is most appropriate and politically correct... but right now I am too happy and I just cried... crazy? yes, I am that looney, I know...





Anyway, besides it all... It's holiday season!!! there are christmas lights, christmas music, and christmas trees e v e r y w h e r e... December is here and I am officially crazy in love with it all.
 I smile every single time I drive in front of a house full of decoration and lights, and I am listening to Christmas Music day and night both in English and Spanish, because there is only one language for bells and happy Christmas songs.


And two nights ago, we celebrated one of my favorite Christmas traditions: "Candle Night"... it is officially the beginning of the Holidays for us. It is a night in which families gather together to light candles, and we make wishes for every candle we light... and then we just sit together to talk, and see how the candles melt, until there is only wax all over the curb... it is spiritual, fun and magical...and I could make it happen next to my man, and that was pure joy!




No comments:

Post a Comment