Tuesday, October 5, 2010

So... that's my thing!


On Sunday I was in the park next to the library's pond, it was early and there were only a few people around, only those crazy early risers like me, and I witnessed the sunrise while I was jumping rope to the beat of Kylie Minogue and Madonna... and I was smiling, all 40 minutes straight, even when my heart got to 160 bpm, I felt so absolutely happy, thankful, and connected to the Universe... so in sync with the wind, with the birds around, with the water calmed and still, with the bright sun. I was so there, so present, so full of life, with energy flowing in me, trhu me, out of me and coming back.
There was no other thing I would rather be doing or other place I would rather be.

Then I realized I felt exactly the same way on Wednesday while I was swimming in the natatorium, or on Saturday during my 7k run... Hitting the pavement, or the pool, or the bike, or the mat, it all brings the same feeling to me... I love the strength in my body, what it is actually able to do, how I can take it to the next level and it feels so empowering, it is like I can conquer the world... That's my thing!!! That's so my thing.

And I started observing everyone around me and we all have our own thing, something that brings passion to our lives, some things that make us smile, that make us forget the clock, that make us feel unique, enough, marvelous...


It can be either painting and drawing, doing crafts, or taking pictures, or solving math problems and playing with equations and numbers, the weirdest things I don't really get (and they might say the same about my "weird" fitness love), it is just amazing to see the spark in their eyes and a truth joy and good energy flow. That's what it is all about, finding those special things that light our lives and find time to bring them to our busy schedules, get to do those things that make us think it is all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment