Thursday, November 18, 2010

Mermaid

I really believe that if I was not a mermaid in a previous life, I will be one the next time I am born...



I love water!!!
Being underwater is magic to me, there is silence, there is peace, there is perfection.
My body is capable of rolling, swinging, dancing, all in slow motion, it feels like flying, I have never been in outer space, but I think that is how it feels to be in zero gravity... the movements flow beautifully.


I love to swim because it brings me to a spiritual layer, it puts me in the zone, my soul feels replenished and I can just be me. I have swum while smiling, and I have done it while crying, and everything in between...
And you know what?
No one cares, no one is looking, it is just me with myself, with my thoughts, with my dreams, with my fears. And that is what freedom tastes like to me.



My husband knows me so well now, that he knows that when I am stressed or sad, all I need is a good dose of swimming, not only as a workout, but as an environment.
He knows that as soon as my feet get to touch the water in any pool/river/creek/or lake and my body gets fully immersed, a huge smile appears in my face, immediately!
That is the effect it produces in me, it never fails, it soothes me.

Psychologists might say that it reminds me of what I felt when I was in my mom's womb... I do not know that, I was a little too young to remember, but it is always good to know the things that puts us in peace with ourselves, with our realities, and with our world.

And every time we are feeling overwhelmed, exhausted, frustrated or stressed, just try to go back to it, as a refugee for a tired soul and allow it to work its magic and get us recharged and back into action.

No comments:

Post a Comment